The Embassy of India offers comprehensive courses on Yoga, Ayurveda, Tabla, Contemporary Indian Dance (Indian Movie Dance), Bharatanatyam, Odissi and Hindi Language
If you would like to enroll in a class at VCC, please follow the 3 easy steps below.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR CLASSES AT VCC
[Step 1] Print/Read the Registration Documents
- Please print out the student registration documents attached to this email. Information on classes, schedules and fees are also included.
[Step 2] Complete the Registration Documents & Attach Photo
- Please fill in the Class Registration Form and attach a photo. Carefully read then sign the Rules and Code of Conduct.
[Step 3] Registration Procedure at Embassy of India
- Please register for classes by submitting the completed registration documents in person at the 3F VCC Library of the Embassy of India during the below registration period.
New Students: 26th November (Mon.) – 30th November(Fri.)/3rd December (Mon.) – 7th December (Fri.)
Continuing Students: 3rd December (Mon.) to 7th December (Fri.)
Registration Accepted: Mondays to Fridays 10:00-12:00/14:00-17:00
[Notice Regarding Yoga Classes]
In order to accommodate the newly established Ayurved and Hindi language classes, there will be some changes from the July-December 2019 semester in the schedule and/or content of certain yoga classes as per detailed below.
1. C Class (up to June 2019): Mon. & Wed. 1700-1800 (2 classes/week)
C Class (from July 2019): Wed. 1700-1800 (1 class/week)
2. M Class (up to June 2019): Tue. & Thu. 1530-1630 (2 classes/week)
M Class (from July 2019): Thu. 1530-1630 (1 class/week)
3. K Class (up to June 2019: Advanced Level, Sat. 0900-1000 (1 class/week)
K Class (from July 2019): Regular Level, Sat. 0900-1000 (1 class/week)
4. L Class (up to June 2019): Sat. 1030-1130 (1 class/week)
L Class (from July 2019): Sat. 1200-1300 (1 class/week)
5. P Class (up to June 2019): Sat. 1200-1300 (1 class/week)
P Class (from July 2019): Class unavailable.
1) Class fees to be paid upon registration. For more details about individual fees for classes, see attached document
2) JPY 5,000 registration fee applicable for first time students and returning students with a gap of one semester or more
3) First time students and returning students with a gap of one semester or more should bring photo ID for registration
4) Number of students per class is limited
5) Registration only accepted in person at the Embassy
6) Registration is on first-come-first-served basis due to limited availability. The Embassy makes no guarantees whatsoever regarding class vacancies.
7) Please be advised that crowding is expected on 27th May and 3rd June in particular. Waiting times may be up to a few hours on certain days.
8) During registration, all students are expected to queue in an orderly manner and follow instructions of staff. Embassy may refuse registration to individuals who are unable to comply.
9) In case that the applicant cannot come to the Embassy during the above registration period, a representative may submit the required documents for up to 1 proxy application. The representative making the application should bring their own ID document. Special consideration may be provided for accepting multiple proxy applications by immediate family members/legal guardians/teachers at the sole discretion of the Embassy. In this case, advance consultation with the Embassy is required. Without exception, no multiple applications by a single representative will be accepted without prior confirmation by the Embassy.