Request for donating publications to celebrate the 125th Birth Anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.
On 125th Birth Anniversary Celebration of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, we are pleased to inform you that our newly established organization called ‘ChandraBose125Japan’ will accumulate Netaji related books and donate the collection of books to the library of the Embassy of India, Tokyo. Embassy of India will also organize the talks on Netaji in addition to the ceremony to open Netaji Collection. We would like to thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
“Netaji” means “Leader” in Hindi, and it is widely used in India as a nickname for “Chandra Bose”.
As you know, Netaji led the Indian National Army (INA) organized for India’s independence, with the support of Japanese Army, proclaiming the independence of Free India. It had entered to India (Andaman and Nicobar Islands, and later into Imphal). That encouraged the Indian independence movement and finally made it attained. Now in India, Netaji’s achievements are getting re-evaluated among the nation, including declassifying the large number of confidential documents.
We hope to make many people widely aware of the energetic activities of Netaji and historical facts of the cooperation of the Japanese government and civilians who supported the independence movement, and to expand such mindset of cooperation in further enhancing Japan- India relations.
Hence, we would appreciate it if you could kindly cooperate in collecting publications related Netaji by donating any relevant books or documents mentioned in the attached list which may be in your possession. The collected publications would in turn be donated by our organization to the library of Vivekananda Cultural Centre (VCC), Embassy of India, Japan. The Embassy has indicated willingness to accept the publications for placement in the VCC library to be accessible by members of the public, and to display the donated materials at future Embassy events related to Netaji.
As mentioned above, the Talks on Netaji, and Opening Ceremony of Netaji Library will be scheduled on Sep.2 (Fri), 2022 by Indian Embassy.
In addition, we are in the process of applying to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for Japan-India 70th Anniversary of Diplomatic Relations of this year 2022.
The further details and information are as follows:
1. Request for donation of books or documents owned by you. (Please select one from the following options and fill out in the attached application form and send it to the contact address below mentioned):
(1) Donation of books or documents related Netaji.
(2) Lending of books or documents related Netaji.
(3) Donation of books or documents related Netaji in digitization. (Please be aware the
copyright will be valid for 70 years after demise of the author.)
(4) Donation of Funds for purchasing related publications, and digitization etc.
➢ Deadline of donation of books: June 30th, 2022
➢ Contact Address of donation form: Kazumasa Kuboki
2. Please refer to the attached document, in which all the publications related Netaji are listed up as far as we have come to know in Japan and Overseas Countries. Other Netaji related books are also welcome.
3. Delivery address of Publications: Kazumasa Kuboki
Nonbirejji 1-506, 505-7, Yamanaka, Yamanakako-mura,
Minami Tsuru-gun, Yamanashi Pref. 401-0501, Japan TEL: 090-9154-2776
4. Contact address of Secretariat (Inquiry): Kazumasa Kuboki, Representative, ‘ChandraBose125Japan’
Thank you very much for your understanding and cooperation in advance.
Sincerely yours, Organizer:
Kazumasa Kuboki Representative ChandraBose125Japan